Saturday, October 2, 2010

Graduation Trip Part 2: The Hotel Conundrum

Remember this?

Want to know the whole story?


It all started when I woke up. I heard my step dad take Julimae out to DYB and he came back in and put her back in the kennel. I fell back asleep and woke up again and took her out myself and fed her. After she got fed my mom took a shower and my dad ate breakfast and I played with her for a while. It was about 8:30 at that time. I took her out again and I came back in and my mom was out of the shower and they were starting to pack up because we weren't going to come back to the hotel room after graduation. My step dad got the first couple things packed and prepared and he went to take them out to the car. When he didn't come back after about ten minutes we started to wonder. Right after our wondering my mom got a call on her phone from a number that she didn't recognize. She answered the phone and it was my step dad, he borrowed someone's cell phone. He told us not to come out of the room and that the hotel was surrounded by police. So I went to look out the window and lo and behold, there were police around our hotel. So we stayed in the room.
A little while later my step dad called again. He had figured out some more stuff. Someone had robbed the hotel and taken the manager hostage and they had a gun. So we stayed in our hotel room some more. I got bored and decided to see if the police had shut down the hotels wifi. They did not, so I posted my depressing blog post and talked to people on Facebook for a while.
 Don't you think the police would want to shut down the wifi so that the gunman doesn't have as much access to the outside world? I mean, they could IM some of their goons to go do something or something... I just think it would have been smarter to shut it down. Just in my opinion...
After a little while we got a call straight to our hotel room. I answered and it was the police. They started by asking if my mom and dog were both in the room. I said yes. Then he told me to put a leash on my dog (No, I was just going to let my dog roam free and sic the lunatic with a gun.... :-P) and to come straight out of the room and turn right and they would give us further instruction then.
Me and my mom didn't know if they would want to search our stuff so I stuffed my camera in my pocket and we just left. When we went out of the room and turned right they had a SWAT guy with one of those huge shields and a blinding light. They told us to walk forward and go past them on the right. Behind the shield guy were about twelve police officers with huge guns. Julimae happily trotted by all the men and stopped to sniff the guns. She thought it was a lot of fun. She was even so distracted by the guns she didn't notice the big German Shepard who was very anxious to do some police work.
After walking past the SWAT team we went to the neighboring Wendy's and an officer asked us some questions about if we heard any yelling in the morning, or if we knew anything... etc. We went and met up with my step dad and we told the police that we would rather go to graduation than wait around and do nothing for another two hours. It was about 11:30 at this point, by the way. So he was polite enough and went to get our car for us and we left......

Fun stuffs.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should have let Julimae sic the bad guy! She's tough and scarey right? :)